Inhaled corticosteroids for the treatment of COVID-19 is a topic that has generated significant interest during this pandemic, especially after dexamethasone was shown to reduce mortality in the RECOVERY randomized controlled trials. Dr. Seheult of https://www.medcram.com discusses what we know about inhaled steroids for the treatment of coronavirus, data on patients with asthma, and controversy about a new possible strain of pneumonia in Kazakhstan. (This video was recorded July 10, 2020).
THE MEDCRAM WEBSITE:
Visit us for videos on over 60 medical topics and CME / CEs for medical professionals: https://www.medcram.com
SUBSCRIBE TO THE MEDCRAM YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
Get notified of new videos by hitting the bell icon:
LINKS / REFERENCES:
MedPage Today | https://www.medpagetoday.com/infectiousdisease/covid19/86323
Respiratory Care | http://rc.rcjournal.com/content/60/3/455
The Lancet | https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanres/article/PIIS2213-2600(20)30167-3/fulltext
Science Daily | https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/09/070904175353.htm
ERS Journals | https://erj.ersjournals.com/content/erj/10/7/1535.full.pdf
Experimental and Therapeutic Medicine | https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5996671/
Medical Evidence Pyramid, Triton College | https://library.triton.edu/c.php?g=433673&p=3720267
Johns Hopkins Tracker | https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
Worldometer | https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
PREVIOUS COVID-19 UPDATES:
Please visit MedCram.com for the full series:
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 93: Antibodies, Immunity, & Prevalence of COVID-19 – New Data from Spain https://youtu.be/KRCnj3c_x7U
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 92: Blood Clots & COVID-19 – New Research & Potential Role of NAC https://youtu.be/kK-DNyKnb5c
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 91: Remdesivir Pricing & Disparities in Drug Availability https://youtu.be/XIEmvEQzAf4
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 90: Assess The Quality of COVID-19 Info With A Validated Research Tool https://youtu.be/u9fFfO5AgQE
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 89: COVID 19 Infections Rising in Many States; Dexamethasone Cautions https://youtu.be/VMTQ6qNXVlw
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 88: Dexamethasone History & Mortality Benefit Data Released From UK https://youtu.be/phN0enMN_RE
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 87: More on Dexamethasone; Do COVID-19 antibodies last? https://youtu.be/5i3uHmPv9TE
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 86: COVID-19 Testing & Cases Increasing but Daily Deaths Decreasing https://youtu.be/blG0xOyVXlo
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 85: Dexamethasone and Key Questions to Ask if in The Hospital (Part 2) https://youtu.be/ie5Oi8m_Rlo
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 84: Key Questions to Ask if in the Hospital for COVID-19 (Part 1 of 2) https://youtu.be/kQr-OLA8xdM
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 83: High Fructose, Vitamin D, & Oxidative Stress in COVID-19 https://youtu.be/a4zfWkvbBaw
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 82: Racial Disparities with COVID-19 & Vitamin D https://youtu.be/bDt6ca2WF3Y
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 81: New Data on Hydroxychloroquine Side Effects & Prevention of COVID-19 https://youtu.be/o5w7FiDJe1g
All coronavirus updates are at MedCram.com (including the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, vaccine developments, dexamethasone, inhaled steroids, pneumonia in Kazakhstan, SARS-CoV-2 antibody tests, coronavirus misinformation, infodemic, peer-reviewed research, and more).
We offer many other medical topics (ECG Interpretation, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, hypertension, anticoagulation, DKA, acute kidney injury, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.) at our website.
MEDCRAM WORKS WITH MEDICAL PROGRAMS AND HOSPITALS:
MedCram offers group discounts for students and a variety of medical programs, hospitals, and other institutions. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
Roger Seheult, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
Associate Professor at the University of California, Riverside School of Medicine
Media Contact: email@example.com
Media contact info: https://www.medcram.com/pages/media-contact
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.
#COVID19 #SARSCoV2 #FOAMed